Covid-19 created the perfect landscape for disruption in healthcare. It brought a sense of urgency as the interactions go remote and digital. Healthcare Professionals (HCP) transformed into digital natives. Nowadays they seek seamless experiences. Keep reading to discover some of the most amazing video stats that pharma marketers just can’t ignore.
For the most part, the approach has at its core a customer-centric journey. It’s all about the consumer experience. They expect high-quality, valuable content provided at the right time through the right channel. So HCP and patients are now looking at pharma companies as partners in their journeys.
Tailoring the content to be spot on with each stage and target audience preferences in terms of consumption. This is how you guarantee the engagement you need to score time in the HCP schedule.
With so much offer, you must get noticed and distinguished from the competition. You can achieve it by nurturing your prospects and clients with shareable, easy-to-digest, and minimum time spent.
This is why we should look at what the numbers tell us about the consumers’ behaviours and preferences. This is why so many marketers already have video content as irreplaceable in their marketing strategy.
Read the amazing video stats pharma marketers just can’t ignore
2022 Trends and Statistics of Consumers’ Favorite: Video!
HCP: Remote Engagement
The new normal made HCP rush to adopt digital channels and telemedicine to interact with both patients and pharma reps. Almost 70% of HCP were digital natives in 2021. Their personal life experiences with mobile, social, and digital technologies also changed their own expectations for business interaction.
Pharma companies need to rethink marketing materials’ efficiency for remote settings. Especially due to the use of video and interactive content increasing more and more. So, it’s fair to say that disruption is the new normal. Each interaction with the HCP must be strategic and accountable.
Did you know that 95% of the message in a video is retained by the viewers against 10% when reading a text (Insivia)?!… Start adding video to your marketing strategy today with PubExplainer.
A targeted marketing approach means delivering an experience with a multichannel approach. It goes beyond the product or brand domain.
Both HCP and consumers use online channels to research and buy pharmaceutical products. So pharma companies need to adjust and evolve from a B2B to a B2C model, also connecting with the end-user.
The consumption of Healthcare has changed. Word-of-mouth and physician referrals are being replaced by digital content. Marketing in this field today means branding, digital marketing, and traditional advertising altogether.
Content: Why Video?
Video has become a must-have within the marketing strategy for all businesses. By the same token, healthcare isn’t an exception.
What made a huge success among consumers were the Explainer videos. According to Wyzowl statistics, 94% of people have said to have watched this type of video to learn more about a product. 84% purchased due to that.
When looking at ROI (Return On Investment), in 2015 only 33% of video marketers confirmed that video usage benefited ROI. In fact, in 2021 the percentage is a statement in itself with 87% of video marketers confirming positive ROI with video marketing.
Amazing video stats: The top marketing stats for 2022
Video stats for marketers and executives
- 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool, an increase of 23% throughout the last 3 years
- Video is the number 1 media type used by marketers in content strategy
- By using video, marketers have grown revenue 49% faster than non-video marketers
- 83% of video marketers say video helped increase the average time visitors spend on the page
- 71% of B2B marketers and 66% of B2C marketers use video marketing
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year
- Including a video on the landing page can boost conversion up to 80%
- 59% of executives agree that between text and video on the same topic, they are likely to choose video
Video stats for customers
- Emails with the word ‘video’ in the subject have an extra 7% of open rate
- 78% of people watch online videos every week and 55% view online videos every day
- One-third of all online activity is spent watching videos
- Studies show that 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand/business
- 72% of customers said they would rather learn about a product/service by video
- 84% of people have chosen/bought a product/service by watching a brand’s video
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch a video, against 10% when reading a text
- In 2022, 82% of the global internet traffic will come from downloads and video streaming
- This year, an average person will spend 100 minutes a day watching online videos
- Videos that are up to 120 seconds long get the most engagement
- Globally, 56% of all the videos that were produced last year had a length under 2 minutes
- YouTube, with 88%, is the most popular platform to share videos among marketers
As noted, video consumption has boomed and consumers want a greater offer of content from brands and businesses. Explainer videos are getting noticed and are a great tool for the HCP journey. This creates a seamless experience of content shared at the right time.
Overall, pharma marketers cannot dismiss the boom of video watching in the past years. In 2020 there occurred an increase of 96% in online video consumption. In fact, 9 out of 10 viewers stated that they want more videos from brands and businesses.
All in all, in this consumer-centric atmosphere, your marketing team must deliver a seamless customer experience. They must use content that’s relevant, shareable, and accessible at any time throughout devices. Using this approach means adding video content to the strategy.